every time i wear a fandom shirt i think someone will recognise it and we’ll talk and stuff
when the back of my neck gets tickled
"Why are you such a total dick?"
"I don’t know."
"You were horrible to me."
"I know. I made a mistake."
Kurt Vonnegut: 16 Rules For Writing Fiction
1. Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted.
2. Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for.
3. Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.
4. Every sentence must do one of two things — reveal character or advance the action.
5. Start as close to the end as possible.
6. Be a sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
7. Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.
8. Give your readers as much information as possible as soon as possible. To heck with suspense. Readers should have such complete understanding of what is going on, where and why, that they could finish the story themselves, should cockroaches eat the last few pages.
9. Find a subject you care aboutand which you in your heart feel others should care about.
10. Do not ramble.
11. Keep it simple. Simplicity of language is not only reputable, but perhaps even sacred.
12. Have guts to cut. Your rule might be this: If a sentence, no matter how excellent, does not illuminate your subject in some new and useful way, scratch it out.
13. Sound like yourself. The writing style which is most natural for you is bound to echo the speech you heard when a child.
14. Say what you mean. You should avoid Picasso-style or jazz-style writing, if you have something worth saying and wish to be understood.
15. Pity the readers. Our stylistic options as writers are neither numerous nor glamorous, since our readers are bound to be such imperfect artists.
16. You choose. The most meaningful aspect of our styles, which is what we choose to write about, is utterly unlimited.
girls dont care about how tall u are. how good looking u are. how hot ur body is. girls only care about 1 thing and 1 thing only. memes
the greatest movie of all time
That one kid that just drops in the last one
*dies trying to hit the high notes in Chandelier*
how do people even fuck up movie adaptations there’s literally a written plot all set out for you with character descriptions and dialogue
Good reminder that every expert started out as an amateur
Not all of them
finding out the heights of your internet friends is always the weirdest thing